Join us for an evening of valuable industry insights and networking. Come slightly before 8pm for registration. Limited slots available, so do RSVP early!
Data scientists are among the most sought-after talents in Singapore, with demand surging 17 times from 2013 to 2017, according to a LinkedIn survey. More companies are hiring data scientists to leverage on existing consumer data to develop valuable business insights.
How can aspiring data scientists get themselves recognized in the industry and receive job offers?
In this event for our series of Industry Insights, we will explore the following topics:
- How candidates can position and prepare themselves for junior data science jobs
- Industry outlook, trends, and salaries
- Current hiring practices for data scientists
- Technical and soft skills required for a data science career
- Lionel Won, Senior Tech Recruiter at Indeed.com
Lionel has an extensive experience in tech recruitment and he has been in the recruitment industry since 2012.
- Will Ho, Machine Learning Engineer at Tech in Asia
Will was also the data scientist at content.co, as well as the co-founder and CTO of Loot.sg.
The panel will be moderated by Rachel Lee, Head of Community at UpCode Academy.
Attend coding classes taught by true experts working in the industry. Get practical instructions and interact with these practitioners during the classes.