What You'll Learn
A level up from our Python Development course, our Data Science Introduction (Python): SSNC Edition course will teach you to build simple yet functional web applications using real world data from open data resources from the Singapore government.
You will learn how to perform the various parts of the data science process:
- Preparing data: Cleaning, transforming, etc.
- Selecting a machine learning model (algorithm & settings)
- Training a model
- Evaluating a model
- Making predictions
You’ll emerge from the course having built apps that can:
- Recreate Gmail's spam identifier
- Predict the availability of taxis near you at specific timings
- Predict the PSI in Singapore at a specific time of the day
As part of the course, you will be taught key data libraries - Pandas, Numpy and Matplotlib. These libraries are responsible for data loading, mathematical computations and data visualisation respectively.
Basic statistic knowledge and web service development will also be taught to help you understand the advanced concepts in Data Science I (Python) and start their career in data science.